Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fun at the Fair

So today I can reveal the rest of my fairy floss block for Megan in the Cocorico Bee. Her theme was County Fair and I chose to make her a fairy floss cart.

I pieced most of the cart and then added the fairy floss and wheel using raw edge applique. I also appliqued the dome for the sugar spinner and then did a little thread sketching to add more details.
I'd also picked up some cute carnival fabric while I was deciding what to make. I tried a few ways of incorporating it into my block, most of which made the whole thing super busy! So in the end I just pieced my cart and then added strips of the novelty print down either side. It's still pretty busy and I'm half in the mind to take them off and switch the border to a solid. Think I'll run it past Megan first.
To keep me in the right frame of mind our local country show was on last weekend. I was a little under the weather with a cold but the rest of the family went and came home with showbags and stories of wood chopping and pink chickens and rides.
AND some fairy floss for ME!

And so, it's done! I actually managed to finish my March bee blocks and the carseat quilt before my carpal tunnel surgery. With 3 days to go. So relieved!
Now I have to brace myself for the frustration of having to put all the things I want to make on hold for a while. Can anyone recommend a good book?!!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful K! All the best for the surgery. Lots of love xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this block Sooooo much!!! I think the carnival bit at the sides are perfect. I hoPe your surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete